Bring Your Garden Inside

Every year starting in February I resolve this year I am going to cut flowers every week and bring them inside. I start out with cutting the daffodils and forsythia.  Somehow time escapes me though and I never get around to many more floral arrangements.   I guess it's due to the unending spring garden work that overtakes me.  Once I have mulched and pulled and divided, I am too tired to cut as well.  By this time of the year however, it is too hot to do much in the garden, plus the chiggers are in abundance.  So this week I had more time to think about flower arranging. 

My new resolution is that when it gets too hot to spend much time in the garden then I will bring some of the garden back inside to admire.  Even a simple display like the one above my fireplace mantle, brings me joy, not to mention quite a few compliments.  Oh, by the way, all the glassware in the picture came from The Dollar Store.  The candles also came from there, so the total cost for the display was $14!  You can also use this arrangement on a dining room table and it looks amazing.

This picture is not the best.  Yes, I know it's a little blurry, but you can still grasp the idea that cutting a few Acuba leaves, three daisies and a hydrangea blossom can make for a pretty and simple display.  Hydrangeas, once cut will last for about a week and daisies will last even longer.  So when it get too hot for you, do what I did and bring some of your garden inside!

Comments

Popular Posts