Spring in Bloom

  The garden  has been growing and changing for 10 years now.  Each Spring I love to see how much everything has changed since last year.  The azaleas in the background were purchased in little gallon containers many years ago.  The light pink in the background is also azalea, but it is a deciduous type.

One of my favorite summer plants is catmint.  I love it because the blue flowers go with everything.  The leaves are a gorgeous gray and the deer and rabbits stay away from it!  I decided to try planting creeping phlox next to the row of catmint and I am really happy with the combo.

 Salvia 'Blue Hill' is another favorite in the spring.  Again the deer and rabbits don't touch it.  It will be blooming in a few weeks. I only wish it had a longer bloom period. It blooms right about the time the peonies are in bloom and the pink Knock Out Roses first bloom.  It's a real show!  You can see the gold sprawling plant in between the stepping stones is Creeping Jenny.  I also have Brazilian Verbena coming up along with Lily of the Nile which I moved last year.  We'll see if it likes the new location better than the last.

New combo this year!  Leopards Bane and Columbine.  I am crossing my fingers it will make it through the hot summer.  I haven't had luck with Columbine here yet.  I put it in a semi-shady location this time. 

Comments

Popular Posts