Spring Pots


There is nothing that says spring here more than the wobbly heads of jewel toned pansies and the soldier straight bright yellow daffodils.  I love to mix them together in pots.  The way to mix spring bulbs and pansies in a pot is to plant them together in the fall.  The daffodil bulbs are placed under the soil and the pansies are planted on top.  I cheated this year though and bought already blooming daffodils with fresh new pansies.  The pansies will quickly fill out the pot with the cool temperatures that we have here in the spring.  When the daffodils stop blooming, I will pull them out of the pot and add something else in the middle or I might just let the pansies fill in the empty space.  These pots are sitting on our patio where I can view them from the kitchen windows.

Comments

Popular Posts